Technical characteristics of this model
- Brand: Triumph Spitfire
- Model: MK1
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 800 km
- Tax CV: 1150 cm3
- Number of gearboxes: 4
- Body color: Jaune Jonquil Yellow
- Interior color and type of coating: black leather
A new lease of life for the Triumph Spitfire MK1
Very beautiful in appearance, the Triumph had suffered some defects. In all, it took between 4 and 5 months and around 700 hours of work in the workshop to restore this magnificent car. The most delicate operation is undoubtedly the change of the side sills, a complicated operation in the case of a convertible.
For this restoration, it took between 40 and 60,000 € budget, with the intervention of a service provider for engine mechanics. Repairs include, among other things, the complete disassembly of the vehicle with the removal of the body from the chassis, the tinning of certain parts such as the hood. Corroded parts have been pickled, cut or treated.
The team then proceeded to a complete airbrushing of the car, as well as a complete restoration of the body with an anti-corrosion epoxy treatment, varnishing and application of tint. The Triumph was then reassembled and its engine reconditioned to regain its second youth.
List of work carried out
- Complete disassembly
- Removing the body from the chassis
- Analysis, stripping, cutting and treatment of all corroded elements
- Adjustment and welding of new elements, and re-manufactured in our workshops,
- Passage of the frame on marble, manufacture of part of a spar,
- Tinning of certain parts
- Complete airbrushing of the car,
- Anti-corrosion treatment by epoxy, then filling primer,
- Application of a shade and varnish,
- Reassembly of all elements and finishes
- Reconditioned engine
Do you own an old car?
Would you like to entrust us with the renovation of your old car?
Mechanics, bodywork, painting and also upholstery, we have a wide range of skills to give your vintage car all its youth.